From Fair Agenda:
Intimate partner violence is the leading cause of ill-health and premature death for Victorian women under 45. In the lead up to the Victorian election, domestic violence experts working with women across the state have identified a set of actions they believe can help save the lives of those affected by domestic violence.
They're asking candidates across Victoria to back a set of critical actions designed to:
- Keep women and children safe and housed
- Make the justice system safe and supportive
- Hold violent perpetrators to account
- Break down the service silos that endanger women and children
- Prevent violence against women and children
Right now, these frontline workers are meeting with candidates across Victoria to ask for their support. Will you show your local candidate that voters want them to support these priorities? Sign your support now.